General Distributing Company is a family owned business that has been serving Montana since 1948. Glenn E. Bliss bought into the company in approximately 1952 and slowly grew the company, relying on core values of integrity and being a good neighbor and member of the community. His son Glenn F. Bliss became President in the 1970s and oversaw a steady growth and expansion of the operations across Montana with support and customer service into Canada. Today General Distributing is in the very capable hands of Glenn F's three boys. Glenn W. (G.W.) has been president since 1999, Eric Bliss is Vice President and has been with the company since 1999, and Brian Bliss manages the Bozeman location.
General Distributing has three primary business segments: industrial, medical, and specialty gases. General Distributing completed the upgrade of its fill plant in early 2012 including the installation of a brand new state of the art specialty gas lab. With the industrial business, we focus on industrial welding gases, specialty gases, welding and plasma equipment and accessories, and safety supplies. Our primary customer base is farm and agriculture, construction, mining, power plants, structural steel, and fabricators.
General Distributing has added a new location in Glendive, MT! We are proud to announce that General Distributing has opened a new location in Glendive, MT to service all of our Eastern Montana and North Dakota customers. The Glendive location will be providing the quality service that General Distributing has prided itself on since our opening in 1948. For any questions about service in the area please call our Glendive manager, Ron Long, at (406) 359-6114.
General Distributing is proud to add dry ice to the list of products we carry. We supply dry ice for both medical and industrial uses. Ask one of our representatives what dry ice application can help you!
Features & Benefits:
- AC and DC output for aluminum and non-ferrous alloys, stainless, mild steel & chrome molys.
- AC Frequency: Adjustable frequency of the AC square wave when welding on aluminum for optimized set up (15 Hz – 150Hz).
- Wave Balance: Adjustable for optimized penetration or cleaning action when welding on aluminum.
- HF Arc Start: Provides non-contact arc starting that eliminates tungsten or material contamination.
- Lift TIG Start: Provides optimized TIG arc starting without the use of high frequency.
- Pulse: Changes the weld current from high to low at a specified frequency, reduces heat input on thin material (0.5 Hz – 200 Hz).
- Preflow & Postflow: Enables independent control over shielding gas before and after the weld.
- Upslope / Downslope & Crater modes: Eliminates cracking at the end of the weld.
- Hot Start: Ensures fusion at arc starts for both TIG and Stick processes.
- Adjustable Arc Force & Hot Start Control for optimum Stick electrode performance.
- Other Features:
- Digital Meters: Voltage and Amperage; Preview and Hold Capability for easy set up
- Trigger Control: 4T (Latch) eliminates operator fatigue
- Comprehensive Setup Chart: Weld set up guide for optimum welding performance over a wide range of materials
- Remote Receptacle: Enables connection of remote control devices like a foot pedal and
torch slide control
- Excellent Portability: Lightweight at 48.4 lbs
- Overload Protection: Shuts down the power source to protect the internal electrical components from overheating
- IP23S: Suitable for outdoor use.